Percy Bysshe Shelley (P. B. Shelley) was a great English Romantic Poet.
Strained relations with his father, the dissolution of his first marriage and financial troubles added to his unhappiness.
He was expelled from Oxford for preaching Atheism. He was inspired by French Revolution, so he opposed all forms of cruelty and oppression.
Some Quick Facts About Percy Bysshe Shelley:-
• He was a lyrical genius and a powerful poet.
• His fight against social and political wrongs earned for him the hostility of the conservative sections of society.
• He presented his grand vision of a new world ruled by love in his great work Prometheus Unbound.
• He left England in disgust and despair, and settled in Italy.
• His health broke down under the pressure of his cares and anxieties, and while still young in are, he felt old and weak in spirit.
• In 1822, at the age of 29, he was died.