Thomas Carew, one of the cavaliar poets. He was born in West Wickham in 1598.
He was educated at Corpus Christ, Oxford.
His Father’s name was Sir Mathew Carew who was a master in Chancery.
Some Quick Facts About Thomas Carew:-
• His poems are highly musical.
• He got favour of King Charles-I and was appointed to an office at his court.
• He was a Nature Lover.
• He was a true disciple of Ben Jonson.
• He was also influenced by Donne. So he wrote a fine elegy on Donne.
• He wrote a number of graceful songs and lyrics “The True Beauty” is one of them.
• His longest and the masterpiece creation, “The Rapture” is a fine love poem.
• He was died in 1639.