Thomas Gray was a great english poet. He was born in London on 26 December 1716. He started writing poetry around 1742.
He was educated at Eton and at Peterhouse, Cambridge.
His Father’s name was Philip Gray and mother was Dorothy Antrobus.
Some Quick Facts About Thomas Gray:-
• He was a Famous Writer.
• He composed some remarkable poems in his early life.
• His masterpiece work, “An Elegy Written In A Country Churchyard” was finished in 1750.
• He remained Bachelor throughout his life.
• In 1757, he was given the poet-laureateship did not accept.
• He was appointed as professor of Modern History and languages at Cambridge in 1768.
• He was buried in the little churchyard of stoke pages in Bucks.
• His other famous writings are “Pindanic Odes”, “The Progress of Poesy”, and “The Bard”.
• He was the most learned of English poets after Milton.
• He was died in 1771.